- rebeccaminkoff posted this
Introducing Kimmie Smith of Kitten Lounge!
Kimmie is the Editor in Chief of Kitten Lounge, a site that focuses on fashion, style, beauty and travel. In addition, she’s an on air personality and works with Sebago (created a Kimmie Smith x Sebago Fall 11 and Spring 12 collection, plus appeared on HSN for them for Sebago’s current collection).
Meet Kimmie and her New York!!
What are your favorite…
- I’m obsessed with Freeman’s they have an artichoke dip that I have enjoyed since day 1 of their opening and it’s just as good now - they also have molasses based cocktails that are ah-mazing.
- I love the random parks that we have here. Being from the midwest, I love seeing lots of green! Although it’s obvious to go to Central Park, I love the Highline, Madison Park, etc for the unexpected greenery that the city has.
…first date spots
- With my boyfriend we did a fun never ending first date that took us from Bobby Flay’s Mesa Grill, to the W Hotel’s lounge for drinks and on to L’Express. I love the typical date of dinner that leads to additional lounges to continue chatting. I love to go to places that everyone knows is “the spot” and those that you randomly come to!
…things to see in NYC with an out-of-towner
- When my out of towners come to visit, I love showing them the things that they don’t think of being as New York. Taking them to LES, FiDi and Tribeca creates an intimate vibe as you have the background of large buildings with these quaint old school portions of New York.
- When it comes to clubs - I’m a huge fan of Hudson Terrace, Le Bain, 1Oak and RDV perfect for dancing. For lounges, I love a lot of hotel bars that have intimate spaces for small groups as well as when I’m spending time with my boyfriend. When it comes to bars I love McSorleys - every order has 2 glasses and you can choose between light and dark - sometimes simplicity is better.
- If it’s not NYC then I am definitely a South Beach girl! There is something about this vibrant beachy city that oozes a sexiness that makes you excited to wear amazing colors, flowy clothing and to dance the day away into the night.
- I’m a Nina Simone girl, my great uncle was Joe Henderson (tenor saxophonist) so I adore his music and will play that for some zen, Mamas and the Papas, Jimi Hendrix, Isley Brothers, Dave Matthews and DeadMau5 - my tatses are all over the board I just love music!
- Anything Audrey as she is my style icon, Goodfellas, Godfather, Gone with the Wind
- I’m a reality junkie and adore everything Bravo, but I also love Pawn Stars on History Channel, Food Network and more. I love flying Jet Blue because I just watch Bravo my entire flight down to Florida
- My Google Reader is full of blog goodness. I love Glamazon Diaries, Beauty Sweet Spot, Fashionologie and Gizmodo
…things to do on a rainy day
- I spend a lot of time online but on a rainy day I’m compelled to go out and about whether it’s heading to Polished Beauty Bar on the UWS, enjoying a nibble from Bouchon Bakery at Columbus Circle or even grabbing a glass of Prosecco at The Plaza - all are good options and get you out of the rainy day funk!
…things to do on a sunny day
- I love walking everywhere and popping in and out. If it’s a sunny day and it falls on the weekend, it’s all about brunch! It’s also a great excuse to get some inspiration so that means a trip to Henri Bendel’s!
…ways to relax
- I love spas, if it’s been super hectic then maybe a few hours of Real Housewives or Charlie’s Angels with a night out of hopping in and out of lounges.
-I am obsessed with coffee table books. Not only are they gorgeous but I think it’s sad when you visit someone’s home and you don’t see a book on a shelf or on the table. It adds a warmth. I don’t get to read as much as I used to but I can appreciate a great book. Assouline Publishing just came out with a book that focuses on Capri which is gorgeous and now has me focused on going there for the next vacation!